Is it income?

It can be confusing sometimes not knowing what needs to be reported on your tax return! That's why we have put together the following list which will help you classify what is income:

Income you need to report includes:

  • Payments received electronically, in cash, or through coupon and voucher payments

  • Business investment income, including interest from all of your business bank accounts

  • Assessable government payments such as fuel tax credits

  • Capital gains made by your business.

Classifying your income:

Certain types of income are reported separately in your personal tax return. Money made through the sharing economy could be business or personal income. For example:

  • Ride-sourcing income is always business income such as Uber, Ola etc

  • Apps such as Air Taker were you've earned a fee for performing tasks such as cleaning, gardening etc is likely to be personal income.

If your business mainly gets paid for your personal efforts, skills or expertise, you may be earning personal services income (PSI), which is reported in your personal tax return.

Need help lodging your Tax Return? Give us a call today!

  • Instagram - Black Circle
  • LinkedIn - Black Circle
  • Facebook


The information contained in this website by Grow Advisory Group is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.

In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.

Liability Limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.

2018 Grow Advisory Group